Skip to main content

I am an Awesome Planner



Yes, I am a creative and awesome event planner. That is confidence, my friend, not ego. However, this post is not about planning an event. I have become one of those 'planner people'.
You know the type. A planner/calendar, some stickers, colored pens, and even, washi tape.

Now, I have always been a person who likes to write everything down. Even in this day and age of cellphones, I am a die hard pen to paper to-do list maker, appointments written on calendar, and mental note to written notes type of woman.

So, I have always keep some sort of planner/calendar in my purse. Yet, I was always unsatisfied and looking for something better. A different writing system.

Then I read about keeping a bullet journal.

A bullet journal, for those who are unfamiliar, is a combination of keeping a planner with dates and a journal for thoughts. That is the best short description I can give. If you go on Youtube and type "bullet journal" in the search bar, you will see exactly what it is all about. You will also see how detailed and beautiful many people keep their bullet journals. That was not me. Mine was a mess. A beautiful mess. The thing about bullet journals is it is a blank page and you create everything. The thing about that, I just did not have the time or patience for it. I did try for about six months. Still unsatisfied I continued my search.

Then, someone I know decided to purchase a Happy planner (that's the brand name). I looked into it and well that can get quite expensive. She paid $80 dollars for her items. I am not the one. If you go on Youtube and watch those devoted Happy Planners you will see how serious they are as well. I am not sure if they have the planner to plan or because they like to decorate it. Anyway.

I wanted a combination of the two options and then I heard about the option in Target's dollar spot. So, I went to check it out and just like that a light shone upon me, birds sang, and I smiled as my heart pumped with joy. Everything I needed to put together the solution to my dilemma was there in that space for between $1 to $5. A planner cover, mix and match pages,some stickers, and a few other little fun add-ons. So, I purchased my items for about $20 and carried them home.

The thing I like about what I purchased is that I decided to go with calendar pages that I just take out and put new ones in as I go. So, no more it's a new year time for a new planner. I brought hour by hour pages to keep my social media schedule on. Note pages to write random thoughts. To-do pages to get it done. Shopping list pages to remember what's needed. So, on and so forth.

Plus, I decided to add my own little fun spin. I created "vision board" pages.


Now I am an awesome planner. How do you keep track?

Comments