Skip to main content

My Reading List to Greatness


My daughter has a list of one hundred fiction books that she plans on reading (and buying) by the time she is 30. Okay, I really don't know if her goal is by the time she is 30, I made up that time. My daughter, like her mother, is an avid reader. One day, when she was about 16 (she is now 20), she approached me and ask me to give her a list of 100 books that she must read. I sit down, did some a
Google search of "greatest books" to read then, compiled my list from there. It was important to me that I make a diverse list for her. So, her list has books like: The Bluest Eyes by Toni Morrison, Moloka'i by Alan Brennert, and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. The list has old books, newer books (when I made the list), black authors, white authors, Latin authors, male authors, female authors, I am sure you get the gist.
Another rule I had when I made the list, only one book from each author. So, authors who wrote multiple books could only get one on the list. I think she has read about twenty of the book so far. In between, she reads other books she likes. Plus, she has her interest in film so, there are those books and her classes.

Well, the other day I was reading an article on one of the many sites I visit (I don't remember which one) and they had recommend a book. At the time, I was reading How to Win at the Sport of Business: If I Can Do It, You Can Do It by Mark Cuban (which is a very thin book of some of his blog posts) and I thought to myself, "I'll have to remember this" then I thought, "Make yourself a list."

I gathered all the books I have written down to read in a notebook here and my calendar there. Then I wrote them all in one place. My list came to 50 books though, it will grow as I read somewhere on some site, I need to add another one to it. My list of books is a list of business, self-help, and inspiration books which I hope to read in the next six months (March or April 2016). I'll let you all know if I achieve this goal.HAHA

Yes, I am linking to Amazon if you want to buy the books or you can go to your local library and see if they have the books.

1. The Wealth Choice – Dennis Kimbro
2. 32 Ways to be a Champion in Business – Ervin “Magic” Johnson
3. Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
4. Shark Tales: How I Turned $1000 – Barbara Corcoran
5. Think and Grow Rich for Women – Sharon Lechter
6. Rework – Jason Fried
7. Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
8. The Total Money Makeover – Dave Ramsey
9. The Richest Man in Babylon – George Clason
10.Choose Yourself – James Altucher
11.Losing my Virginity – Richard Branson
12.The Obstacle is the Way – Ryan Holiday
13.Body and Soul – Anita Roddick
14.The Power of Positive Thinking – Norman Vincent Peale
15.Reposition Yourself – T.D. Jakes
16.Ogilvy on Advertising – David Ogilvy
17.Miss Jessie’s: Creating a Business – Miko Branch
18.Zag – Marty Neumeier
19.The Pursuit of Happyness – Chris Gardener
20.Writing That Works – Kenneth Roman and Joel Raphaelson
21.On Writing Well – William Zinsser
22.Why Should White Guys Have All the Fun – Reginald Lewis
23.Brag: The Art of Tooting – Peggy Klaus
24.In my Shoes: A Memoir – Tamara Mellon
25.Display of Power – Daymond John
26.The Art of Possibility – Rosamund Stone Zander and Benjamin Sander
27.The Woman I Wanted to Be – Diane Von Furstenberg
28.Ask – Ryan Levesque
29.By Invitation Only: How We Built Gilt – Alexis Maybank and Alexandra Wilkis Wilson
30.On Her Own Ground: The Life and Times Of Madam C.J. Walker – A’Lelia Bundles
31.Zero to One – Peter Thiel
32.What to do When It’s Your Turn – Seth Godin
33.Black Titan – Carol Jenkins
34.Never Eat Alone – Keith Ferrazzi
35.Creating Money – Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer
36.On My Own Two Feet: A Modern’s Girl’s Guide – Manisha Thakor and Sharon Kedar
37.The 10 Laws of Enduring Success – Maria Bartiromo
38.Your Million Dollar Dream – Tamara Monsoff
39.The Lean Start-up – Eric Ries
40.How to Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
41.The Hard Thing About Hard Things – Ben Horowitz
42.Flow – Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
43.The Tipping Point – Malcolm Gladwell
44.Profit First – Mike Michalowicz
45.Willpower – Roy Baumeister and John Tierney
46.The One Thing – Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
47.The Power of Habit – Charles Duhigg
48.Ladies who Launch – Victoria Colligan and Beth Schoenfeld
49.Strategize to Win – Carla Harris
50.Think Like a Stripper – Erika Lyremark

Thought of the day: The entire time I was typing this post, I was trying to figure out what I was planning on wearing to a meetup.


Connect with me: Google +/ Instagram/ Tumblr

Comments